Last Updated: October 28, 2014
Information we collect about you
- In General. We may collect information that can identify you such as your name and email address ("personal information") and other information that does not identify you. We may collect this information through a website or a mobile application. By using the Service, you are authorising us to gather, parse and retain data related to the provision of the Service.
- Information you provide. In order to register as a user with Barklife, you will be asked to sign in using an email address, a Facebook login, or a Google+ login. If you do so, you authorize us to access certain account information, such as your public Facebook or Google+ profile (consistent with your privacy settings in Facebook or Google+), your email address, gender, birthday, current city, friend list, and information about your Facebook friends or Google+ circles or connections. You will also be asked to allow Barklife to collect certain information from your device when you download or use the Service. In addition, we may collect and store any personal information you provide while using our Service or in some other manner. This may include identifying information, such as your name, address, or email address. You may also provide us photos, a personal description and information about your dog, preferences for visibility, such as who can see your location or details about your dog or you. If you chat with other Barklife users, you provide us the content of your chats, and if you contact us with a customer service or other inquiry, you provide us with the content of that communication.
- Use of technologies to collect information. We use various technologies to collect information from your device and about your activities on our Service.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser or device when you visit our Service. This information could include your IP address, device ID and type, your browser type and language, the operating system used by your device, access times, your mobile device’s geographic location while our application is actively running, and the referring website address.
How we use the information we collect
- In General. We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver and improve our products and services, and manage our business;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- website or mobile application analytics;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
With whom we share your information
- Information Shared with Other Users. When you register as a user of Barklife, your Barklife profile will be viewable by other users of the Service. Other users will be able to view information you have provided to us.
- Other Situations. We may disclose your information, including personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
How you can access your information
Your choices about collection and use of your information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Service because such information may be required in order for you to register as user; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, survey, or initiate other transactions.
- Our Service may also deliver notifications to your phone or mobile device. You can disable these notifications by deleting the relevant Service or by changing the settings on your mobile device.
How we protect your personal information
We take security measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, chats, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email.
Information you provide about yourself while using our Service
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under the age of 13.
Visiting our Service from outside Australia
No Rights of Third Parties
How to contact us
BARKLIFE Privacy Contact PO Box 6227 South Yarra VIC Australia 3141 firstname.lastname@example.org